Field Interviewers Needed!
Field Interviewer - Utica, NY
JOB DESCRIPTION: Join NORC’s team of field interviewers to collect the data that has propelled their organization forward to becoming one of the most respected nonprofit, nonpartisan, and objective research institutions in the nation. The ideal candidate will bring their willingness to engage with people in a given community to effectively collect data, being sure to keep respondent information confidential and secure. Contribute to an important national research project that has the potential to affect government policy.
This is a part-time, temporary position, usually 20-25 hours per week, with short periods of up to 40 hours per week. Actual hours worked will vary based on specific projects. Hourly pay (including training) and retirement benefits subject to eligibility. To see all of the benefits, including retirement savings and a limited health plan, click here.
NORC field interviewers are vital to nationwide survey research operation. They talk to people from every conceivable walk of life in person to obtain information on issues such as health care, employment, and education. The interview is the basic tool by which they are able to provide this data and as the interviewer, you’ll have the ability to make that possible.
The work at NORC has lasting social significance: the data they gather helps legislators and policy-makers determine the best course of action for the welfare of all Americans.
- Follow basic interviewing techniques as described in your training
- Schedule time to conduct interviews, owning and managing your hours and overall workload across a variety of shifts including mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Work productively and efficiently, keeping in mind data collection goals
- Have access to reliable transportation, with necessary amounts of auto insurance
- Meet or exceed data quality targets as determined by expectations set during training and throughout the data collection period
- Validation of work and related activities will be completed by survey staff
- Present evidence of identity and authorization to work in the United States (I-9 documentation)
- Have a valid driver’s license (exceptions can be made for applicants from major urban centers such as New York City)
- Present proof of auto liability insurance and unlimited use of an automobile in good working condition
- Have working home phone number
- Ability to carry a laptop computer, survey documents, and supplies
- Availability to attend in-person, paid training sessions (no exceptions)
WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, their teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Interested applicants may apply online at https://norc.dejobs.org/utica-ny/field-interviewer-utica-ny/B987194C53AF4350801328426FA1F731/job/?utm_campaign=New%20York%20State%20Job%20Bank&utm_medium=NLX&vs=161&utm_source=New%20York%20State%20Job%20Bank-DE