Twin Rivers Paper Hiring
Utility Specialist. Full time for Twin Rivers Paper in Little Falls, NY.
- Entry level job where workers are assigned to departments to assist with extra work load and to cover absences and vacations.
- Work in a safe, effective manner while keeping quality in mind at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs property-tending duties and other assigned laboring jobs.
- Fills in for Pulper Loader or Fourth (4th) Hand when needed.
- Maintains and upkeep a high level of cleanliness in the work area.
- Observe and follow plant rules for safety and GMPs, and for working with Food/Medical grade products.
- Ability to understand and follow written SOPs.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Able to read and follow written and verbal work instructions.
- Basic computer skills, including ability to enter data accurately.
- Capable of learning SAP computer system as needed.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and has good problem-solving abilities
- Capable of being qualified to safely operate/drive a lift truck
- Able to frequently lift and/or carry 50 pounds.
- Physically capable of climbing stairs, bending, twisting, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
- Able to use hands and arms to grasp, push, pull, reach with hands and arms, or lift above shoulder level.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have a working telephone, and be able to respond to call-ins.
- Capable of working in hot environment.
- Capable of standing for a 12 hour shift.
- Able to work beyond or less than normally scheduled work hours.
- Able to work weekends or partial weekends on a scheduled basis.
- Work safely around moving mechanical equipment and nip parts.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or other airborne particles and vibration in which certain PPE is required for safety measures.
- Hearing protection (earplugs/earmuffs) is required to protect against hearing loss from the noise levels in the work environment.
- Responsible for wearing other required PPE such as safety glasses and steel toe boots.
- Subject to mandatory testing for drugs and/or alcohol on a random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty, and follow-up basis.
Reference/Security Check and Drug Test required.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATE MUST COMPLETE A QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW SHEET AND COMPANY APPLICATION, AVAILABLE FROM HERKIMER WORKING SOLUTIONS CAREER CENTER, 320 N. PROSPECT STREET, HERKIMER, NY OR ONE OF THE OTHER WORKING SOLUTIONS OFFICES IN UTICA, ROME OR WAMPSVILLE. MAIL OR FAX COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:
Human Resources Department
Twin Rivers Paper Company
501 West Main Street
Little Falls, NY 13365
Fax: (315) 823-2584