Advanced Manufacturing Plan
The Workforce Development Board (WDB) of Herkimer, Madison and Oneida Counties and its partners have developed the Mohawk Valley Advanced Manufacturing Project to align all of the training and education resources in our region with the needs of our employers.
The Mohawk Valley has a wealth of education resources. However, the manufacturing sector continually evolves with new products, new technologies and new needs. As times change, the region needs to ensure that all of its assets are pooled and working in unison so that as existing manufacturers grow and new employers eye the region, the workers who can power new growth will be there.
The WDB, SUNY Polytechnic Institute, the Fulton, Montgomery and Schoharie Counties Workforce Development Board, Inc. and the Otsego County Chamber of Commerce have met with employers and training providers across the region to learn more about the challenges facing employers and the ways our region can work together to provide the solutions.
This plan will be used by the WDB, in partnership with the New York State Department of Labor and the Mohawk Valley Regional Economic Development Council, as the roadmap for seeking resources to implement the strategies employers believe will help them grow.
Plan & Objectives
- Unite partners across the region to better serve manufacturers.
- Help employers with increasing productivity and customer satisfaction, training workers, and decreasing turnover.
- Develop a regional training plan to upgrade the skills of existing employees.
- Create a training pathway for entry-level employees and develop a deep pool of potential employees to help employers expand.
- Connect populations that need retraining with the programs that can place them in good-paying jobs.
Download complete manufacturing plan PDF.