Full and Part time positions available with Camden Central School District.
Days and Hours: Monday through Friday. Shift varies between the hours of 6:15 am and 6:15 pm.
JOB SUMMARY: The incumbent in this position is responsible for the operation of a bus or mini-van on an assigned route. In addition, the incumbent is expected to perform minor maintenance tasks on vehicles to which he or she is assigned, as well as, to ensure the safety and proper conduct of passengers boarding, riding and departing from the bus. The work is performed under the general supervision of the department head, immediate supervisor or other official, permitting leeway in carrying out the details of the work. The incumbent performs related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Operates a bus or mini-van on a regular schedule or on special occasions, picking up and transporting passengers to designated locations
- Checks the operating condition of the van or bus before starting on a trip
- Reports any operational defect to immediate superior
- Encourages passengers to utilize seat belts
- Assists elderly passengers in getting on and off vehicle
- Keeps interior and exterior of vehicle clean and neat
- Maintains records of mileage, routes, times and incidents
- Prepares and maintains maps of routes and pick-up points
- Attends staff and training meetings and sessions
- May apply first aid and/or CPR techniques in an emergency with passengers
- May be required to perform minor maintenance tasks and gas vehicle.
Requirements: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and a currently valid driver’s license or permit. Reference/Security check, physical and drug test required. Employer is willing to train eligible candidates and assist with licensing and finger printing requirements.
Pay is $16.50 per hour plus benefits including health and dental insurance, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays and retirement.
Interested candidates should contact Ed Snow, Director of Transportation, 315-245-0878 or email email@example.com.