CNY Quest is in need of Community Habilitation Specialists in Utica, Herkimer and Frankfort. They are paying $15/hr with benefits for full time workers. The job posting is below.
Community Habilitation Specialist.
Full time for CNY Quest. Positions currently available in Utica, Frankfort, and Herkimer, NY.
Position Overview: Under the supervision of the Community Habilitation Program Manager, the Community Habilitation Specialist provides support in a community setting that promotes success at the highest level of independence possible. In addition to program-specific functions, this will include but not be limited to: teaching and reinforcing a wide range of daily living skills, promoting independence, prevent and respond to crisis situations appropriately, encouraging self-advocacy and facilitating the development of natural supports. All services will be provided in collaboration with program participants and their service plan, utilizing a person-centered approach.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Establish respect and develop relationships with individuals using a person-centered approach. The Community Habilitation Specialist will become familiar with an individual by getting to know them through assessment, observation and discovery.
- Provide evaluation of the person’s skills and capacity for skill development in their home and in their community.
- Provide teaching and assistance as needed to complete a daily living task or skill such as; cleaning, laundry, cooking, personal care, banking, etc.
- Promote advocacy with the individual by seeking out services, promote choice, and assist in their understanding of rights and responsibilities.
- Assist the individual with communication with their support team including their families, natural supports and community resources.
- Respond to crisis situations by using good judgment through prevention, intervention, resolution, and reporting to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the individual.
- Maintain necessary records and documentation for each consumer served.
- Submit monthly notes by the 2nd of each month to be reviewed by your supervisor.
- Meet at least once bi-weekly with your direct supervisor to provide updates on each consumer and discuss progress and concerns.
- Report all incidents to Director of Programs and follow incident reporting procedures as outlined in CNY Quest Policies.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work related information.
- OPWDD and agency training requirements must be maintained. Submit training certificates to your supervisor.
- Act in a manner consistent with Central New York Quest’s Mission.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications: A High School Diploma is required. The right candidate must have a strong commitment to helping improve the lives of persons with developmental disabilities. Candidates must be available after school, evening, and weekend hours. Applicants must have their own transportation and the ability to transport individuals served.
Pay is $15 per hour. Benefits for full time employees include health, vision and dental insurance, vacation, sick days and holidays.
Apply online at www.cnyquest.com, or contact Desiree Beckwith (Director of Community Habilitation) at 315.732.3435 ext. 216.