Environmental Services Supervisor
Annual Starting Salary: $35,000-$42,000
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promptly reports for work and always checks with the off going supervisor to determine if there are any call-ins. Adjusts schedule accordingly to ensure proper coverage.
- Creates daily work schedules at least three days in advance ensuring that employees are rotated through the different duties. Maintains effective coverage of the entire Resort.
- Always meets with off-going and on-coming Supervisor to discuss special tasks and problems. Enters all pertinent information in the Supervisor’s communication book.
- Approves or rejects schedule changes in a timely manner after weekly schedule has been posted.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of all chemicals and equipment used by the department. Understands all information on MSDS sheets and has these available in case of a chemical accident.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the inventory system used by the Environmental Services Department. Advises Environmental Services Assistant Managers of any equipment and supplies that require ordering.
- Effectively conducts initial safety training to new employees and provides ongoing safety education for all Environmental Services staff.
- Conducts routine tours of the facility to ensure that all areas are receiving proper attention and to establish any problem areas that may require special attention. Ensures that staff are in assigned areas.
- Conducts daily inspections of Area of Responsibility and provides Assistant Managers with weekly inspection report. Ensures cleaning software work orders are completed in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma required. College degree or some level of secondary education preferred.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience in commercial/hospitality cleaning field.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills required.
- OSHA and MSDS training required.
- Ability to operate all cleaning equipment required.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemical uses and precautions required.
- Knowledge of scheduling preferred.
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- A valid NYS Driver’s license may be required; may be required to transport supplies/equipment and clean offsite.
- Frequently required to push and pull up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently required to lift up to 10lbs, sometimes up to 50lbs.
- Manual dexterity.
Interested applicants may apply online at http://www.oneidaindiannation.com/careers/