Front Desk Agent is responsible for assisting guests efficiently, courteously and professionally in all front office related functions according to the standards set forth by management. A high standard of service and hospitality must be maintained at all times. Responsible to guests. Reports directly to the Front Desk Supervisor. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Skills include: typing, computer aptitude. Interpersonal skills, reading, writing, mathematical abilities, including basic math.
Physical requirements include: speaking/hearing on the phone, reading/writing/typing, lifting and carrying, reaching overhead, pushing, pulling, bending and able to walk stairs. Moving about, usually while standing up for a significant portion of the workday. Associate benefits include paid time off and 401K.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Registers guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up selling techniques to maximize room rates: prepares for group check in and out, and VIP arrivals; becomes informed of events/functions in the hotel during the shift.
- Checks guests out of the hotel; processes customer payments according to established policies and procedures.
- Responds to guest requests promptly; promotes hotel services, facilities and outlets; provides guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase guest satisfaction.
- Resolves minor guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer; informs supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or unhappy guests.
- Books guest reservations or coordinates with reservation center.
- Handles departmental accounting of moneys, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit; posts all charges; completes cashiers report, prepares deposit and counts cashier bank.
- Issues, controls and releases guest safe-deposit boxes.
Interested applicants may apply online at http://www.bblhospitalityjobs.com/