Little Jon’s Plumbing and Heating is seeking a Plumbing/Heating candidate to work at their facility. The selected candidate should have some plumbing and heating knowledge.
The selected candidate must possess some plumbing and heating knowledge and must be amendable to training. The selected candidate must be mechanically inclined and must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job; kneeling, standing, walking, lifting, crawling as needed. Willing to train the right candidate.
Interested candidates should apply via email to email@example.com
Superintendent of Public Works and Streets
The Village of Canastota is accepting resumes to fill the position of Superintendent of Public Works and Streets. The Superintendent is responsible for the administrative oversight of the Department of Public Works, the evaluation and planning of Village infrastructure, and the maintenance of roads, infrastructure, parks, water, lights, and sewer. The work performed is under direct supervision of the Village Board, Mayor, or Administrator with independent judgment in planning work methods and details. Supervision is exercised over a number of subordinate employees engaged in public works.
- Three years of experience in construction and/or maintenance of sewer or water systems or in street/highway construction or maintenance; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Good knowledge of principles, practices and equipment used in the construction and maintenance of streets, sidewalks, sewers and related public works activities
- Good knowledge of the principles and practices involved in the village public works department
- Good knowledge of the practices and equipment involved in the operation and maintenance of the sewage treatment and water treatment plants
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of subordinates
- Ability to work from plans, specifications, and blueprints
This position offers an excellent comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary structure. Review of applicants will begin on September 3, 2019. For immediate consideration, please send resume, including salary requirements to:
Mayor Carla M. DeShaw
Village of Canastota
205 South Peterboro Street
Canastota, NY 13032