Sales Consultant in Oriskany, New York
MetLife Job Location: Oriskany, NY
Role Value Proposition:
Career Opportunity which offers a Base Salary plus Unlimited Sales Earning Potential no COLD CALLING!!!!
Do you enjoy selling, winning and pushing to be #1? Would you like to join a Fortune 50 company celebrating 150 years ? This opportunity is for you!
As a Sales Consultant within MetLife’s Global Customer Solutions (GCS), you will respond to incoming calls by positively promoting MetLife Auto & Home insurance products to prospective customers, consulting with customers to understand their particular needs and selling those products which best fit the customer’s needs.
In return, you will benefit from earning a competitive base salary in addition to monthly incentive earnings. Employment with MetLife also includes participation in our comprehensive benefits package which consists of medical, dental & life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays, vacation time based on tenure along with a variety of programs designed to strengthen and reward your performance.
MetLife is looking for passionate, enthusiastic
- Recent college graduates
- Seasoned sales professional
- Or someone interested in switching to a new career
MetLife GCS Sales Consultants sell property, casualty, and other personal property insurance products. In providing exceptional customer service and an exceptional customer experience, Consultants are focused on establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships through a consultative selling approach which includes promoting, selling, cross selling and up-selling products, in some cases, multiple products.
- Adapt to each potential client and customer by explaining basic to complex policy and coverage information in everyday language through simple/understandable terms
- Manage multiple computer systems while interacting with customers
- Follow mandatory quality/compliance guidelines for the protection of our business and customers
- Thoroughly completes applications, forms, and state-specific documents
- Meet all sales metrics within the first 6 months of employment, which include the follow goals:
- Yield Ratio
- Cancel Ratio
- Quote to Inquiry Ratio
- Quality Assurance/Compliance
- Sales Goals
- Provide 8 weeks of paid training Monday thru Friday – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm to ensure success from day one
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 1 year customer service or sales experience
- Property & Casualty Insurance License Exam in your state of residency is required for your employment as well as being able to obtain non-residence licenses in all states required for compliance
- Achieve and exceed sales metrics and revenue targets
- Must be able to work within the hours of operations: Monday thru Friday – 8:00 am – 10:30 pm; Saturday – 9:00 am – 5:30pm
- Ability to get licensed in all states MetLife conducts business Preferred Qualifications
- 2+ years of sales or insurance sales experience with proven results preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced call center sales environment and adapt quickly to change
- Passionate about sales and offering the best solutions to our potential clients and customers through a consultative selling approach
- Receptive to coaching and incorporating feedback to enhance customer experience and job performance
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed with exceptional customer service skills
- Proven ability to build strong and lasting customer relationships which create customer loyalty
- Conduct business with the highest levels of professionalism – honesty, integrity, and respect
- Non-sales High Potentials will be considered
- Prior sales experience but more importantly strong customer focus
- Continually focused on the customer and enhancing customer centric touch points and processes
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- Property & Casualty License preferred, but not required
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Property & Casualty insurance experience a plus
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Interested applicants may apply online at https://bit.ly/2U9eiiQ.