Position: Driver/Sales. Part Time, Entry -level sales position for Advance Auto Parts in Yorkville, NY.
Must be capable of supporting the DIY business and achieve our sales and service objectives. The role has good knowledge of store systems, basic automotive system knowledge and basic part knowledge. The role has the basic ability to source from stores, hubs, pdq, and external suppliers. The role has in-depth knowledge of the store inventory and maintenance processes. Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid NY State Driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle Report from DMV. Background check and drug test required.
- Provide excellent selling experience for DIY customer visits and phone calls.
- Achieve personal sales goal and help store achieve its sales goals.
- Provide DIY services including battery installation, testing, wiper installs, etc.
- Maintain store product and operational standards.
- Responsible for inventory processes including truck put away, shoot outs, cycle counts, Back stock, etc.
- Store Cleanliness including floors, bathrooms, facing, dusting, parking lot.
- General stocking including truck stocking and back stock.
- Safely deliver parts to customers as needed.
- Basic driving and navigation ability.
- Ability to use delivery board system.
- Friendly communication.
- Ability to locate and stock parts.
- Safety knowledge and skills.
- Operating inventory systems and store equipment.
- Parts and automotive system knowledge skills.
- Operating POS and Parts lookup systems.
- Expert at testing and diagnostic equipment for DIY service.
Essential Job Skills Necessary for Success as a Salesperson:
- Speak and write English (Spanish a plus); communicate effectively and build strong relationships with customers, peers and management.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, parts catalogs, and procedure manuals.
- Use basic math accurately: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to work an assortment of days, evenings, and weekends as needed.
Prior Experience that Sets a Salesperson up for Success:
2-3 years of successful sales experience in a diverse retail environment, providing superior customer experiences.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominantly be walking or standing. The employee is required to be able to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100.
Apply online at https://www.advanceautoparts.jobs/