Orgill in Rome is in search of 2 Transportation Supervisors. The job posting is below.
Full time for Our Orgill, Inc. Distribution Center in Rome, NY!
Orgill, Inc. is seeking exceptional TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISORS to join our team at our *NEW*distribution center in Rome, NY. Orgill, Inc., founded in 1847, is the largest and fastest-growing independently owned distributor of hardware and home improvement products in the United States and more than 60 countries throughout the world. Orgill, Inc. is recognized as an industry leader for its development of innovative retail programs and services that are designed to fulfill a simple mission: HelpOur Customers Be Successful! We exist to serve our customers and continue to provide an outstanding customer experience!
What You Will Do:
This Transportation Supervisor role is responsible for the daily supervision of hourly transportation employees ensuring that both customer service and internal measurements are held to the highest standards.
- Promote superior customer service through receipt and shipment of product.
- Ensure departmental performance effectively meets customer demands and corporate goals.
- Limit amount of damages and delivery errors.
- Measure and monitor department quality and performance levels.
- Train and coach employees to achieve quality and performance standards.
- Communicate all service and operational deficiencies to Department Manager.
- Ensure staffing levels are maintained to provide superior customer service with minimal overtime and non-productive time.
- Promote teamwork and superior levels of achievement throughout the distribution center.
- Oversee driver scheduling.
- Oversees and manages fleet repairs and maintenance including but not limited to driver repair reporting, repair scheduling, budgeting, adherence to vendor turnaround commitments, etc.
- Minimize employee turnover, retain good employees.
- Achieve acceptable levels on employee opinion surveys.
- Develop individual team members through coaching and correcting.
- Uphold, support and maintain company safety standards.
- Ensure that all equipment in the department is maintained in good working order through proper use and preventive maintenance.
- Accomplish productivity goals through efficient, effective use of staff.
- Maintain housekeeping standards that promote employee health and safety.
- Allocate time efficiently, handle multiple tasks and complete priorities.
- Assist in developing plans to improve processes and reduce costs.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other departments.
- Show commitment to the sense of urgency that drives our daily business.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Prior supervisory experience in transportation or related field required.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- Show ability to lead others in fast-paced, high-quality work environment.
- Articulate with good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiently use computers, Gmail, and Microsoft Applications.
- Proficiency with routing software programs.
- Ability to multi-task with ease.
Orgill, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package that offers valuable benefit options at reasonable costs and provides affordable coverage to our employees.
CANDIDATES MAY APPLY ONLINE ATwww.orgill.com.
Orgill, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Orgill, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.