Job Title: Pre-Apprenticeship Counselor
Target Population: Women interested in Non-Traditional Occupations
- Work in a collaborative manner among program partners and staff to ensure that any issues that may arise on the worksite are handled in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Deliver regular ongoing guidance and supports to assist participants in staying on track.
- Familiarity with labor market trends and NYS Department of Labor Apprenticeship Rules and Regulations.
- Monitor and record individual participant progress.
- Ensure that participants are connected with appropriate supportive services.
- Plan and implement mentorship opportunities for participants.
- Assist participants in assessing educational, career, financial and personal needs.
- Tailor program to participants’ specific needs and determine eligibility for funding opportunities.
- Exhibit attention to detail for project evaluation and data collection for performance reports.
- Empower females to join non-traditional occupations.
- Bachelor’s degree required in human services, psychology, criminal justice or a related field
- Academic advising; student development
- Applicants from background similar to target population and/or familiarity with the challenges faced by them strongly encouraged
- Impact of learning culture; ability to communicate across cultures; value diversity
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Employer contributed matching 401 K, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays
To Apply: please send a resume to email@example.com