Herkimer County has an opening for a Supervisor for their programs for children with special needs.
SUPERVISOR, PROGRAMS FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Full time for Herkimer County Public Health in Herkimer, NY.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: This management level position involves development, coordination, direction and supervision of all programs and activities associated with assisting and enabling eligible infants, toddlers and their families to receive the rights, procedural safeguards and services that are authorized under state and federal law, as well as non mandated services for which the family may be eligible.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Administers, directs, and coordinates programs and services for Children with Special Needs
- Receives from the community, hospitals and attending physicians referrals and the treatment recommendations for individual children and, in consultation with nursing staff and medical consultants, completes arrangements to carry out such recommendations pending a determination of financial need
- Provides information and referral regarding services available for children
- Counsels and advocates for families of children with special health needs regarding program and other services
- Utilizes effectively community medical, social and health resources to meet individual and family needs
- Maintains records of medical, health, social and financial needs of individual children and families;
- Participates in the determination of financial need in individual cases;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the medical and allied professions, hospitals, health agencies and social support human services agencies in the community
- May participate in the development of policies and procedures
- Participates in interpreting program policies and procedures to families, vendors, providers and agencies in the community
- Facilitates and participates in the development, review and evaluation of Individual Family Service Plans
- Coordinates and monitors the delivery of services
- Keeps families informed of the rights and privileges afforded to them under state and federal laws
- Reviews care plan ensuring provider conformance and family satisfaction
- Evaluates progress reports/summaries
- Prepares statistical, narrative and fiscal reports
- Recommends contractual language for the County Attorney’s approval
- Attends required meetings and in-services
- Performs other related activities as required by regulation
- Supervises professional and clerical staff
Either (A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Master’s Degree in sociology, psychology, human services, education, rehabilitation, nursing or closely related field and one (1) year of supervisory experience in a community oriented public or private agency adhering to prescribed standards;
Or (B) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in sociology, psychology, human services, education, rehabilitation, nursing or closely related field and three (3) years of experience in a community oriented public or private agency adhering to prescribed standards, one (1) year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity;
Or (C) An equivalent combination of training and experience defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
Special Requirement: Certain assignments given to employees in this class will require access to transportation to meet field requirements made in the ordinary course of business in a timely and efficient manner.
To apply, email a resume to email@example.com.
CONTACT for further information:
Christina Cain, Public Health Director
Herkimer County Department of Public Health
301 N. Washington Street, Ste. 2300
Herkimer, NY 13350