Currently, the US Census Bureau is recruiting Census Takers in the Utica area. The job pays $17 to $18.50 per hour and has flexible hours. Training is provided.
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Be a US citizen.
- Have a valid email address.
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some assessment questions are available in Spanish. However, an English proficiency test may also be required.)
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
- Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of criminal records, including fingerprinting.
- Commit to completing training.
- Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license, unless public transportation is readily available.
- Have access to a computer with internet and an email account (to complete training).