Certificate & Degree Programs through career pathways
High School Equivalency or National EDP
Advanced Manufacturing: Certified Production Technician, Manufacturing Extension Project, CNC Machinist, Quality Assurance or Mechatronics
Healthcare: Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse, Medical Transcription, Medical Coding & Billing, Medical Assistant or Dental Assistant
The Trades: Carpentry, Construction, Electrical Tech, Electrical Service Tech II or Electrical Systems, HVAC or HVAC Tech, Masonry, Plumbing, Welding or Welding Technology
eligibility & requirements
60 hours of classroom time is required (training provider must be included on the New York State Eligible Training Provider list).
Participants must be a resident of Herkimer, Oneida or Otsego County AND meet one of the following:
- 16-17 yrs. old, head of household & your household income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline (see below)
- 18-23 yrs. old with household income as below
- 24 and older, on Temporary Assistance & have a child in the household under the age of 18
FAMILY SIZE ANNUAL INCOME
For each additional family member add $8,840
(06/01/19-05/31/20 200% Federal Poverty Guideline)
eligible career pathways participants can receive up to $1000 in Supportive services
Once we verify that you successfully completed your course, passed your exam and obtained your certificate:
- Graduation incentive of $300
- Possible childcare reimbursement for class time up to $300
And, once you are employed:
- Assistance with purchasing clothes, shoes or job related uniforms
- Incentives for reporting your wages for qualifying new employment, after 60 & 120 days of consistent employment
If needed, we can help pay for photo ID and duplicate Birth Certificate
For more details email Mary Kris Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315)798-5530.
In partnering with existing training programs – including those preparing students for the TASC (high school equivalency) – Career Pathways will provide encouragement and incentives, as well as referrals to employers, to allow individuals to follow a pathway to success.
The employment sectors targeted for this program are Advanced Manufacturing, Healthcare and the Trades.
Eligible students will belong to one of the following groups:
- Youth 18-23 years of age with a household income below 200% Federal Poverty level
- Other eligible participants are: 16-17 year old heads of households with income at or below the 200% Federal Poverty Level
- Family Assistance/Safety Net Family adults of any age, with DSS approval or referral to participate as part of their required Employability Plan. Safety Net non-custodial parents may be eligible.
Each potential participant will have a thorough face-to-face intake. Eligibility will be explored, as well as appropriateness of the training desired by the applicant. All DSS recipients will need their DSS status verified and approval from their employment worker up front.
Participants may be referred for financial assistance in paying for training as needed. Working Solutions and CDO Workforce Career Centers will be utilized for referrals/workshops/job placement.
Once accepted in Career Pathways, an individualized career plan will be agreed upon stating the long and short term goals, time frame for education/training, approved provider. Additional supports needed for training will be discussed. Local DSS allowance/approval for childcare and training will be taken into account.
For more details about these programs, email Mary Kris Smith at email@example.com or call 315-798-5530.