Do you, a friend, or any member of your family have a history of opioid use?
Are you out of work and want to explore new training and employment opportunities?
Do you need help getting back into the workforce?
Do you want to give back to your community?
Our Vision is to:
Counter the negative employment impacts of the opioid crisis and encourage training opportunities, including skilled professions that can address the underlying causes of the crisis.
Our Mission is to:
Use innovative approaches to address the economic and workforce-related impacts of the opioid epidemic, and
Provide training and support activities to dislocated workers (including displaced homemakers), new entrants to the workforce, and incumbent workers, including individuals in these populations who are or who have been impacted by the opioid crisis.
You may be eligible for Support Services and/or Training
- Certificate Training Programs (Employer recognized or Industry recognized credentials)
- Help Getting Your High School Equivalency (formerly GED)
- Pre-apprenticeships and Apprenticeships
- On-The-Job Training Opportunities
- Certified Peer Advocate Training (CRPA), Recovery Coach Training
- Entry-level Health Care (PCA, HHA, CNA, Medical Assistant)
- Career Counseling, Career Planning
- Transportation (Bus passes)
- And other free services,such as tests fees, training-related application fees, recertifications, and tools
Eligible Participants Include:
- Must be a Dislocated Worker (DW)
- Must be an Unemployed or significantly underemployed individual
- Must reside in Herkimer county, Madison county, Oneida county or Otsego County
- Must be interested in employment and training
HMO Workforce Development Board
209 Elizabeth Street, 2nd Floor
Utica, New York 13501
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. This product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.