The US Census is beginning their work in earnest. In mid-March, homes across the country will begin receiving invitations to complete the 2020 Census. There are still multiple openings for Census Takers here in the Mohawk Valley region.
If you are thinking about applying, a recruiter from the US Census will be at Herkimer Working Solutions, 320 N. Prospect Street, Herkimer, NY 13350 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm Friday, February 14th assisting with online applications.
- Competitive Wages
- Could you use extra income? Jobs for the 2020 Census offer competitive wages that are paid weekly. Authorized expenses, such as mileage, are reimbursed for employees doing field work.
- Current rate is – $20.00 an hour ; -Mileage reimbursement at $0.58 per mile.
- Support Your Community
- Census results are used to determine your representation in Congress, and they help inform how billions of dollars are distributed for hospitals, schools, roads, and more. Help ensure that everyone in your community is counted in the 2020 Census.
- Fit Your Schedule
- Temporary positions for the 2020 Census feature flexible hours—a perfect fit if you are looking to earn extra money, even if you already have other commitments.
- Be a Part of History
- Every 10 years since 1790, the United States has undertaken the momentous task of counting its population. This is your chance to play a role.
This is a great opportunity to make extra cash in your spare time for home improvements, vacations, car repairs or whatever you’ve been thinking about—if you only had the extra money on hand. Stop in to find out more!